(September 8, 2022) – Broadband reliability is a must, and Meriwether Lewis Connect is constantly working to make sure internet is there when you need it. This requires frequent maintenance and upgrades to ensure overall speed stability, better in-home Wi-Fi coverage, and improved security. It also reduces the number of unexpected outages for current and future MLConnect subscribers. While the number of users continues to grow in areas that are already live, we also continue mainline construction in Hickman County to make broadband an option for all MLEC members. Temporary, but manageable, growing pains are part of the project.
The service goals are on target, and though you may not see the fruits of our labor just yet, we are well on our way. MLC’s commitment remains focused on fast, affordable, reliable broadband with hometown service. Keeping you informed about maintenance events and resolving technical issues is important:
- Regular maintenance and core device upgrades are ongoing that do not affect your service with interruptions. Some require outages and several of these are planned for the remainder of 2022 to attain a network backup and the goals mentioned in the first paragraph. These will take place each Tuesday and Thursday night (if needed) through the end of the year and be within the 11:50 p.m. – 5 a.m. window.
- Though brief, we understand any interruption is inconvenient. Whereas planned power outages have a solid timeframe for being out, broadband interruptions are most often different. We communicate the work will last for 5 hours; however, individual services will only see a few brief intermittent interruptions. Some may not be affected at all, but we share the information with everyone in the case of unexpected operations.
- Current maintenance and upgrade efforts, though temporary and frequent as we grow, have lasting impacts on the quality of your service in the future when mainline construction is completed in all five counties and growth is at a more steady pace.
- MLC is working to create a backup for the entire MLC network that is specifically designed to support the MLEC area, and it is something other providers do not have. Granted, it will take time and patience for our team and those we serve to reach such a lofty goal, but it will be worth it for current and future subscribers.
- To receive text alerts about MLConnect activities, sign up in the “Member Portal” at the “Notifications” tab on the left.
Another area we are working to improve is response time. Our in-house relatively small, dedicated technical support team is serving over 11,000 subscribers across five rural counties, while also helping connect new services.
- To address this in a way that keeps the broadband price you pay affordable, we are our growing our team in relation to the rising number of subscribers instead of all at once.
- We are adding knowledgeable, reliable employees to our team, and training everyone to keep up with rapidly changing industry technology and techniques.
No one said making fast, affordable, reliable broadband an option to all MLEC members would be easy, and there were reasons no one had stepped forward to do it before. Thank you for choosing MLConnect with your broadband needs. We are growing and learning, but dedicated and local.
# # #