The MLConnect payment portal is now open. If you have trouble registering online, please contact your local office.
MLConnect billing/payment processes are getting a makeover. Ahead of the changes, we are here with details to help you navigate the transition. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 2023:
- New Online Portal - Power and broadband accounts will be separated into two different portals/websites. Register for broadband access in the "Pay My MLConnect" tab at www.mlconnect.com after September 8.
- App No Longer Active - Log in to the account portal at www.mlconnect.com from your mobile device to pay, set up notifications, etc. (MLEC mobile app will no longer show broadband accounts.)
- Autopay Re-Up - If enrolled for autopay using a credit/debit card, please call your local office to make payment this month and re-enroll for auto-draft. (No action needed for drafts through a checking account.)
- Checks and Mailed Payments - If paying by check, a separate check is needed for broadband and power. Also, there is a new address for mailed broadband payments. Electric payments mailed to this address will be credited to broadband accounts.
- New Account Number - For security and full access, your MLConnect account number will have a "1" added to the beginning. For example, if the current account number is 99999, the new one would be 199999.
PROJECTED TIMELINE (LOOK FOR UPDATES ON WWW.MLCONNECT.COM):
- September 1: Subscribers receive September 1-30 statement via eBill notification; paper statements are mailed.
- September 1-5: Payment options available as usual.
- September 6-11: Online payment options offline and unavailable during transition. To make a payment before the 11th, you can pay by phone, kiosk or in person at your local office.
- September 11: Auto drafts processed.
- September 12: Register/verify account in the new portal on www.mlconnect.com under "Pay My MLConnect" tab. Payments will require the new account number. (Not using auto draft? This is the perfect time to enroll to have your monthly bill paid automatically each month from your checking account or credit/debit card.)
- September 15: Late fees waived on unpaid accounts to help subscribers adjust to new billing/payment methods.
- September 21: Last day to pay before disconnection.
- October 1: No bill from MLConnect. Begin expecting your MLConnect eBill notification no later than the 10th of each month. (Mailed paper statements will take a few days longer.) As shared in August, broadband is moving to a true prepaid service, which requires a one-time occurrence of billing two months on one statement. Your October statement will cover both the October 1-31 and November 1-30 service periods.
- *Starting October: Subscribers will receive an eBill OR mailed paper statement but not both. If you previously received and eBill AND paper, your statement will come through postal mail only. You can change your preference through the online portal or by contacting MLEC.
- October 25: New Due Date. Auto drafts processed. Late fees applied. (Late fees waived this month on unpaid accounts to help subscribers adjust to new billing time frame.)
- Last day of the month: Disconnects processed. ($25 reconnection fee).
- GOING FORWARD: Statements will be released by the 10th of each month with a due date of the 25th; late fees applied. Disconnections processed the last day of the month. If dates fall on a weekend or holiday, it will be the next business day.
For questions, contact your local MLEC office.