(April 29, 2019 - Centerville, TN) -
Meriwether Lewis Connect is excited about progress in its mission to bring ultra-fast broadband to members of Meriwether Lewis Electric Cooperative. In-home installations are now ongoing in both Hohenwald and Waverly.
After going live in Waverly in March, MLConnect connected its first customer in Hohenwald on April 22. Other updates include:
- Construction continues in Centerville, and services are expected to begin being installed the week of May 13.
- “Hello, New Johnsonville and Erin!” Construction is beginning in these cities this week.
- MLConnect and MLEC are moving at a pace and path that is best for everyone – the co-op, MLConnect, and those it serves.
- Anyone living in and around Centerville, Erin, Hohenwald, Linden, Lobelville, McEwen, New Johnsonville, Tennessee Ridge, or Waverly can verify their eligibility and sign up for Phase I (completed in 2019) by visiting www.mlconnect.com or contacting their MLEC office.
- Phase II locations are being designed, and locations will be announced soon.
- Phase III and IV will be developed as the project progresses; however, MLConnect will make fast, affordable, reliable broadband an option for ALL MLEC members – everyone all the way to the end of the line. Construction is expected to finish by late 2022.
- Residential services (300 Mbps and 1 Gbps) are available. Standard installation is free, and there are no contracts or data caps. Business solutions are also being offered.
“With construction wrapping up in the three largest cities (Waverly, Hohenwald and Centerville), we feel like construction in the other cities will go more quickly due to their size,” says MLEC President and CEO Keith Carnahan. “The weather and other factors can always bring on delays. However, we’re on schedule to have active customers in all nine cities by the end of the year.”
Updates and frequently asked questions about the smart grid and broadband network are available online at www.mlec.com and www.mlconnect.com. Questions can also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.